On February 27, 2011, Island Vittles passed the Stylish Blogger Award to Cooking with Alison (see here)! I’ve been following Island Vittles for over a year now and have always admired Chef Theresa’s creativity in the kitchen. So I feel very honoured to be chosen by her!
Recipients of this award are asked to share 7 interesting things about themselves and to pass the award to 10 stylish food blogs that they love.
So here are 7 random things that you might not know about me:
1. I’m not a big fan of chocolate. Don’t get me wrong, I love a slice of good chocolate cake, and I can put back Glosettes (chocolate covered raisins) and Milk Duds (chocolate covered caramel chews) like nobody’s business, but I’m just not crazy about it. In fact, I completely gave up chocolate for 2 years (because it’s a trigger for migraines and irritates the thyroid) and I didn’t miss it. See my chocolate cake / cupcake recipes here and here.
2. Some of my favourite [simple] things include comfy duvets, massages, and days spent in bed with an addictive book or tv series.
3. I also love the supernatural/fantasy/comics movies, tv shows, and books. Even the bad ones thoroughly entertain me. As a kid, I loved paranormal and horror too, but I get scared too easily now.
4. I love the P90X exercise videos. If I could just stick to the 90 day regimen…
5. On December 19, 2010, I got my first dog. I adopted an elderly rescue that was found abandoned outdoors. I am whole-heartedly in love with him. His favourite foods are pork and cheese. (Healthy dog treat recipes posted here.)
6. I want to volunteer in a health clinic in South Africa. I’m not sure when I’m going to do it, but I’m hoping to do it within the next 2 years.
7. I feel like I belong in New York City. I feel happy, energized, and even safe when I’m walking around NYC (whether it be Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queen’s, or even certain parts of Harlem). When I’m not in NYC, I yearn to be there again.
The Stylish Blogger Award Goes To:
1. 52 cupcakes
2. Annie’s Eats
4. Baking Bites
9. Tes at Home (amazing photos from her travels)