We tried the miniature stuffed cupcakes by Baked by Melissa at the SOHO location in NYC and they are now my favourite cupcakes. Prior to trying them, I foolishly thought that they had earned their fame solely because of their adorable size (diameter of a quarter crosswise; diameter of a loonie or toonie across the top) and extensive selection of flavours and bright colours. But they are so much more than that. So let me count the ways that I love Baked by Melissa’s mini cupcakes:
- The texture of the cake is perfectly moist and soft.
- They have a great selection of flavours. We tried 6 different kinds and it was very hard to choose. The flavour of the month that we had was the Upside Down Cheesecake. You can even create your own cupcakes through the website. They ship across the USA.
- You can enjoy several different flavour combinations without overeating or feeling stuffed.
- They’re delicious but not too sweet (unlike most other cupcakes).
- These one-bite cupcakes have the perfect ratio of cake to topping. Personally, I don’t like it when cupcakes have too much icing, so these were absolutely perfect for me.
Photo below: These were the mini cupcakes on display. Note that there’s a lot of green because it was around St. Patrick’s Day.